How can we help you?
We matched that to:
How do I send money using Interac e-Transfer on EasyWeb?
Once you are registered for the Interac e-Transfer® service and have added your recipients, you are ready to send your transfer.
To send money using Interac e-Transfer the recipient account number is not required, and you will only need their email address or Canadian mobile number.
After logging in to EasyWeb:
- From the left-hand navigation menu, select Interac e-Transfer
- Check within the Interac e-Transfer menu to ensure the Send Money option is selected
- From the Choose An Account dropdown menu, select the account from which you wish to send money.
- In the Amount field, enter the amount of money you wish to send.
Keep in mind, there are daily, weekly, and monthly maximum amounts for sending and requesting money using Interac e-Transfer. You can find your send limits at the bottom of the page, in the Fees and Limits section under Maximum Amounts.
- From the Recipient dropdown menu, select the person or business to whom you wish to send money.
If the recipient's name is not in your list, add it by selecting Add New. Then enter the recipient's name and valid email address and/or Canadian mobile number.
- If the recipient has enabled Autodeposit: There's no need for a security question and answer, as the money will automatically be deposited to their account.
It's crucial to ensure the name, email, and phone number displayed match the intended recipient as Autodeposit transactions can't be cancelled. You can go ahead and skip to Step 10.
- If your recipient has not set up Autodeposit: In the Security Question field provided, create an effective question that cannot be guessed, and only you and the recipient can answer correctly*.
- In the Answer field, type the answer to the security question you just created.
You must keep the answer to your security question confidential at all times. Do not communicate it electronically (e.g. email, social media).
Remember the funds will be deposited to whomever can access the Interac e-Transfer and correctly answers the security question, regardless of whether or not they are the intended recipient.
- In the Confirm Answer field, re-type the answer to your security question.
- If you would like to, you may include a message to the recipient.
Type your message into the Message (optional) field. To help keep the answer to your security question confidential, never include it in the message field.
Then, at the bottom of the screen, select the Next button.
- You must review all information to ensure that it is accurate and that it matches the intended recipient.
If you need to change anything, simply select the Back button.
If everything is satisfactory, then select the Send Money button to complete the transaction.
- On the final screen, you will see a confirmation number for the transaction.
An email or text message with a link and instructions will be sent from Interac to your recipient, typically within 1 minute, informing them of your transfer. Some notifications may take up to 30 minutes.
The recipient will be notified by email or text message/SMS alerting them that you've sent them money using Interac e-Transfer.
If the recipient has Autodeposit enabled, the funds will automatically be deposited into their account. Otherwise, they will have to follow the instructions in the email or text message/SMS to deposit the money.
If you used the recipient's email address and your recipient doesn't receive the email from Interac, have them check their email 'Junk' folder.
You can also send money using Interac e-Transfer on the TD app.
Please note that the answers to the questions are for information purposes only for the products discussed. Individual circumstances may vary. In case of discrepancy, the documentation prevails.