How can we help you?
We matched that to:
How do I stop a Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) payment in EasyWeb?
Contact the company that submits your payment to permanently stop a pre-authorized payment.
You can request a stop payment for the transaction in EasyWeb (see our general list of services & fees (PDF) for applicable fees).
After you log in to EasyWeb:
- Please ensure that the cheque or pre-authorized payment has not already been paid by reviewing your Account Activity prior to requesting a Stop Payment.
- Choose Pay Bills from the left navigation menu.
- Choose Make a Stop Payment from the left menu.
- After reading the terms and conditions, complete the details for the payment and select Next.
- Follow the instructions to make your request.
Please note: A fee will be charged for each stop payment requested. To view fees associated with our personal accounts, please visit About our accounts and related services (PDF) on the "other service options" page.
Please note: Making a Stop Payment is different than cancelling a pending or recurring bill payment you have set up in EasyWeb. A Stop Payment can be made on cheques you have written and pre-authorized payments you have arranged directly with a merchant. To cancel a payment you have set up in EasyWeb go to Scheduled Payments.
>> Click here to request a stop payment in EasyWeb.
Please note that the answers to the questions are for information purposes only for the products discussed. Individual circumstances may vary. In case of discrepancy, the documentation prevails.