How can we help you?
We matched that to:
What do I do if I don't recognize a transaction?
If you don't recognize a transaction, there are several ways to proceed. Often, unrecognized transactions turn out to be legitimate transactions that aren't labelled or posted in an expected way. Before calling us to identify or dispute a transaction, have a look at these tips.
Tips to help identify unfamiliar transactions:
- Review your receipts – If the date is unfamiliar, remember that transactions may appear a few days late, delayed, or may be amended after the date of purchase (at a hotel, for example). Sometimes merchants use different names or have an alternate company name than the one you recognize.
- If the location is unfamiliar, keep in mind that some merchants (airlines and large companies, for example) have offices or processing centres in multiple cities.
- Look out for trial offer transactions – Sometimes trial offers automatically enroll trials into paid monthly subscriptions unless they are cancelled before the identified date.
- Discuss it with the merchant directly – If you speak to someone who can review the transaction, like a manager or call centre, often they can correct the mistake and resolve the issue and/or give you a refund. Keep track of the dates and names, and key points or outcomes of any conversations for reference.
- Consult with other card users or account holders if anyone else is authorized to use the card or account in question
- Understand the status – For Credit Cards, transactions may sometimes temporarily show under Pending and Posted at the same time. This has no effect on your Current Balance or Available Credit. TD can't assist you with a transaction dispute until the transaction has been posted.
Once you have reviewed these tips and still wish to discuss a transaction, or believe there may be fraud on your account, you have several ways to reach us, listed below.
Please choose the options that best fits your concern:
If this is about your Credit Card
Call TD Credit Cards Customer Service at 1-800-983-8472 and one of our Customer Service Specialists will be happy to speak to you. We highly recommend calling within 30 days of your TD Credit Card statement date if possible.
If this is about your TD Access Card
Call EasyLine telephone banking at 1-866-222-3456 or visit your local TD Canada Trust branch immediately and we will investigate on your behalf.
Please note that the answers to the questions are for information purposes only for the products discussed. Individual circumstances may vary. In case of discrepancy, the documentation prevails.