How can we help you?
We matched that to:
How do I make a stop payment in EasyWeb?
Request a Stop Payment in EasyWeb
After you login:
- Please ensure that the cheque or pre-authorized payment has not already been paid by reviewing your Account Activity prior to requesting a stop payment.
- Select Pay Bills from the left menu.
- Select Make a stop payment and enter the cheque or pre-authorized payment details
Before requesting a stop payment, please note the following:
- We will make our best effort to stop a payment. The Bank might be unable to successfully stop a cheque if all the details are not entered, if the details are incorrect in any way, or if the requesting company makes additional pre-authorized payment attempts on subsequent days.
- If the stop payment is successful, the cheque will still clear the account and the funds should be returned into the account within two business days.
- If there are any other transactions going through the account during this time frame, they will continue to process as per normal.
- The timing will affect the balance while the stop is processing and you are still responsible for ensuring there are funds in the account to cover any other transaction or NSF fees will apply.
Click here to request stop payment in EasyWeb.
Please note that the answers to the questions are for information purposes only for the products discussed. Individual circumstances may vary. In case of discrepancy, the documentation prevails.