How can we help you?
We matched that to:
How do I cancel a U.S. Bill Pay payment I made on a previous day?
|Please Note: As of October 18, 2018 the U.S. Bill Pay service will be discontinued on EasyWeb Online Banking and the TD app.|
We want to let you know that TD does have alternative options for you to pay your US bills:
- if you pay multiple bills, consider opening a U.S. based chequing account with TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank ® to pay your bills through TD Bank Online banking. For more information on U.S. based chequing accounts with TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, Click Here.
- Additionally, you can use your TD Access Card with Visa* Debit to shop online or in person. It is accepted by retailers in over 200 countries. For more information about the TD Access Card with Visa* Debit, Click Here.
To cancel/stop a U.S. bill payment 1 to 3 business days after you made the payment:
It may be possible to cancel/stop the payment up to 3 business days after making the payment. Contact EasyLine at 1-866-222-3456 for assistance.
To cancel/stop a U.S. bill payment more than 3 business days after you made payment:
- On EasyWeb, use U.S. Bill Pay - View/Cancel U.S. Payments to check the Cheque Status of the payment.
- If the Cheque Status = Pending, then the U.S. cheque has not been deposited by the payee yet and may be possible to stop. Contact EasyLine at 1-866-222-3456 for assistance.
- If the Cheque Status = Cleared, then the U.S. cheque has been deposited. You will need to contact the U.S. payee directly to discuss the matter and determine the options.
If you cancel/stop a U.S. bill payment after the day you made the payment, or it is rejected or returned for any reason:
- the $2.50 fee will not be refunded to your bank account
- any regular account transaction fees still apply
- foreign exchange charges may apply and revenue may be earned by us on the return conversion
Thank you for your input!
Still not finding the answers you need?
Please note that the answers to the questions are for information purposes only for the products discussed. Individual circumstances may vary. In case of discrepancy, the documentation prevails.