We matched that to:

What should I do if I made a mistake when making a bill payment?

How to correct a mistake on a Bill Payment:

If you make a bill payment or a Personal Payee payment today and then notice you made a mistake, you can call EasyLine at 1-866-222-3456 before 11:59 p.m. ET the same day to have the payment cancelled and the funds returned to your account.

If you notice a mistake after 11:59 p.m. ET of the day you made the payment, the funds will have been sent according to your instructions. You will need to contact the Payee or recipient to resolve the situation.

If you have set up a pre-authorized recurring payment (postdated bill payment or Personal Payee payment), you can cancel the payment in EasyWeb.

1.    Select Pay Bills from the top navigation menu.

2.    Select Pay Canadian Bills from the left menu. 

3.    Select Payment History to view your payments list. You can then cancel the appropriate payment if it still says Pending under Status.

Did we answer your question?

back to topTop