How can we help you?
We matched that to:
What can I buy, sell, and hold in TD GoalAssist?
You have access to these eligible investment products listed on six North American exchanges:
- TD ETFs
Watch our video Making Sense of Stocks, ETFs, and One-Click ETF Portfolios
TD Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs)
An ETF is a type of fund that holds assets like stocks and bonds and trades on stock exchanges. There is a variety of TD ETFs including TD ETF One Click Portfolios.
Think of an ETF as a basket of stocks and/or bonds. Each ETF is managed with a specific goal in mind. For example, to track or outperform a market index or to provide exposure to a sector such as technology.
A TD ETF One Click Portfolio is like a basket of baskets. It's an ETF made up of many ETFs. There are three types of One-Click ETFs based on the risk level that you want. For example:
- conservative with less Stocks/Equities
- moderate with a more even combination of Fixed Income and Stocks/Equities
- aggressive with mostly Stocks/Equities
You can find more information about available ETFs in the ETF Facts documents and prospectus.
Stocks (common and preferred shares)
These types of shares are available when a company sells part of its ownership to raise capital.
ADRs (American Depository receipts) are certificates issued by an American bank representing a share of a foreign stock that the bank holds in trust. ADRs are traded certain on American exchanges.
Ineligible securities on available exchanges:*
- Non-TD Exchange-Traded Funds
- Exchange-Traded Notes
- Closed End Mutual Funds
- Warrants and Rights
Other ineligible investments:*
- Mutual Funds
- Options, futures, and other derivatives
- Fixed Income securities, like bonds and debentures
- Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GICs)
- Near-cash products, like Money Market Funds, High-Interest Savings Accounts
- Securities on other than the Canadian and American exchanges listed above
- Physical assets, certificated securities, and private securities
*TD Waterhouse Canada Inc. reserves the right to restrict particular securities in supported categories. For more information on what investments are available in TD GoalAssist, call us at 1-877-250-2588 Monday to Friday 7 am to 6 pm ET and speak with an Investment Representative.
Please note that the answers to the questions are for information purposes only for the products discussed. Individual circumstances may vary. In case of discrepancy, the documentation prevails.