How can we help you?
We matched that to:
How can I save on the TD Direct Investing quarterly maintenance fee?
TD Direct Investing clients are charged a quarterly^ maintenance fee of $25.
There are five ways to avoid this fee. You only need to meet one condition to qualify:
1. $15,000 minimum balance: Maintain a minimum balance of $15,000 (cash and assets) in your account(s) or combined household^^ accounts.
2. Systematic investing: Register any of your accounts in a Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) or set up a pre-authorized deposit / contribution of at least $100 a month.
3. Three trades: Complete at least three commissionable trades in the previous quarter from any of your accounts or those which have a household relationship to your account for the fee to be waived in the next quarter.
4. Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP): You or any member of your household^^ have a Registered Disability Savings Plan.
5. New client: No fee is charged if you are in the first six months of a single account or the first account opened within your household^^.
If your account is householded^^ and none of the accounts in the household meet one of the ways to avoid the fee, the household will only be charged a single quarterly maintenance fee for all its accounts.
^ The maintenance fee is assessed at the end of each calendar quarter and charged in April, July, September and December.
^^ You could qualify to save on the fee faster with our Householding program. Connect accounts in a single household and if any member (individually or combined) meets the conditions, the entire household will have their fee waived.
Please note that the answers to the questions are for information purposes only for the products discussed. Individual circumstances may vary. In case of discrepancy, the documentation prevails.