How can we help you?
We matched that to:
What is a TD Direct Investing Retirement Savings Plan (RSP) account?
A TD Direct Investing RSP account is a tax-deferred savings plan designed to help save for your retirement.
You can invest in a wide range of eligible investments including, but not limited to:
- Canadian, U.S. and international equities
- Canadian and U.S. options (limited to more conservative strategies)
- Fixed income investments (Bonds)
- Money Market Instruments (T-Bills, GICs, etc.)
- Units of approved mutual funds
A Basic SDRSP1 is a low-cost, self-directed plan designed to meet the needs of investors who want to hold popular registered plan investments. However, you cannot hold equities, options or mortgages in the Basic RSP.
New Accounts can be opened at any TD Direct Investing location, or at any TD Canada Trust branch.
1 Refers to a TD Waterhouse Self-Directed Retirement Savings Plan
Please note that the answers to the questions are for information purposes only for the products discussed. Individual circumstances may vary. In case of discrepancy, the documentation prevails.