How can we help you?
We matched that to:
What Registered Plans does TD Direct Investing offer?
TD Direct Investing offers the following Registered Plans:
- Self-Directed Retirement Savings Plan (RSP) and Self-Directed Retirement Income Fund (RIF)1
- Basic Retirement Savings Plan (RSP) and Retirement Income Fund (RIF)2
- Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)3
- Registered Education Savings Plans (RESP)4
- Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP)5
- Locked-In Retirement Accounts (LIRA) Life Income Fund (LIF)
- Locked- In Retirement Income Fund (LRIF)
To open an account the individual must:
- Be a Canadian resident;
- Be the age of majority in the province that you reside*, and
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN)
*Please note: The age of majority is 18 in Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario and PEI. The age of majority is 19 in BC, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, North West Territories, Nova Scotia, and Nunavut.
New Accounts can be opened at any TD Direct Investing location, or at any TD Canada Trust branch.
1 Refers to TD Waterhouse Self-Directed Retirement Savings Plan and TD Waterhouse Self-Directed Retirement Income Fund.
2 Refers to TD Waterhouse Self-Directed Retirement Savings Plan and TD Waterhouse Self-Directed Retirement Income Fund.
3 Refers to TD Waterhouse Tax-Free Savings Account.
4 Refers to TD Securities Inc. Self-Directed Educations Savings Plan.
5 Refers to TD Waterhouse Disability Savings Plan.
Thank you for your input!
Still not finding the answers you need?
Please note that the answers to the questions are for information purposes only for the products discussed. Individual circumstances may vary. In case of discrepancy, the documentation prevails.