We matched that to:

How do I reclaim taxes withheld on dividends paid by American Depository Receipts (ADRs)?

To reclaim taxes, you must read the bulletin associated with the applicable dividend payment and fill out the applicable forms, as requested in the bulletin on the DTCC website.


To download these forms, you will need the CUSIP of your ADR security. Once the forms are filled out, you must mail them to the CRA to be certified. After the CRA returns the forms, they must be sent to:

TD Wealth Operations

Income Processing

77 Bloor St West, 3rd Floor

Toronto, Ontario

M5S 1M2


TD will then submit the forms to Globe Tax for reimbursement. Please note that the ADR

Transfer Agent and Globe Tax charge fees associated with this process, so reclaiming taxes of less than $100 may not be economically worthwhile. Also, it can take up to two to three years after submission to Globe Tax to receive your rebate. If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-465-5463 and ask about the ADR Tax Reclaim process.

Did we answer your question?

back to topTop