How can we help you?
We matched that to:
How do I deposit cash and securities into my TD Direct Investing account?
There are six ways to deposit money (cash and securities) into your account:
- Online transfers
- By ATM
- By mail
- By telephone transfer
- In person at a branch
- By wire transfer
You can transfer money to your TD Direct Investing account from:
- any TD account (TD Canada Trust bank account or TD Direct Investing account)
- other financial institutions
You can deposit cash or cheques at any ATM into your TD Canada Trust banking accounts then do an online transfer to your TD Direct Investing account.
You can mail a cheque to:
TD Waterhouse Canada Inc,
3500 Steeles Avenue East
Tower 2, 2nd Floor
Markham, ON L3R 0X1
Include your TD Direct Investing account number. Keep in mind cheques take 7 days to clear.
By telephone transfer
You can call our Contact Centre and speak with an Investment Representative who will do the transfer for you.
If you registered for EasyLine telephone banking service then call in and we'll do the transfer for you.
In person at a branch
You can deposit cash, cheques, bank drafts, money orders, and some types of stock certificates into your TD Direct Investing account at any TD Canada Trust branch.
Note: For stock certificates, while most are done electronically now, you may have paper certificates. If so, you'll need to have the following information on hand to complete a Shipment of Securities form:
- Your account name and TD Direct Investing account number
- Security name and description (e.g. XYZ Co - Class B common)
- CUSIP number (Committee on Uniform Securities Identification Procedures). A CUSIP number identifies most financial instruments, including: stocks of all registered U.S. and Canadian companies, commercial paper, and U.S. government and municipal bonds
- Security registration
- If you're providing a Book cost on the Shipment of Securities Form, you must also provide appropriate documentation such as transaction confirmations, subscription receipts or account statements.
By wire transfer
You may receive eligible wire transfers in CAD, USD, and foreign currencies to your TD Direct Investing account. Currencies other than CAD or USD, will be converted to CAD or USD, at the prevailing rate based on the TD Direct Investing account number provided, unless instructed differently. A handling fee is charged on incoming wires.
Please note that the answers to the questions are for information purposes only for the products discussed. Individual circumstances may vary. In case of discrepancy, the documentation prevails.