A TD Direct Investing RSP account is a tax-deferred savings plan designed to help save for your retirement.
You can invest in a wide range of eligible investments including, but not limited to:
- Canadian, U.S. and international equities
- Canadian and U.S. options (limited to more conservative strategies)
- Fixed income investments (Bonds)
- Money Market Instruments (T-Bills, GICs, etc.)
- Units of approved mutual funds
A Basic SDRSP1 is a low-cost, self-directed plan designed to meet the needs of investors who want to hold popular registered plan investments. However, you cannot hold equities, options or mortgages in the Basic RSP.
For more information, visit our Self-Directed RSP & RIF website.
New Accounts can be opened at any TD Direct Investing location, or at any TD Canada Trust branch.
To set up an appointment at your convenience, please call a TD Direct Investing location or a TD Canada Trust branch.
1 Refers to a TD Waterhouse Self-Directed Retirement Savings Plan