How can we help you?
We matched that to:
What's new in WebBroker?
Updates to Contributions in Kind
You can now do same party real time transfers of securities and then sell them immediately in WebBroker. You will also receive confirmation and a reference ID number once you've made the transfer. To see your transfers, click on the Activity tab in your account.
How do I use the soft token on the TD Authenticate App?
Our two-factor authentication process is designed to protect you. And now there's one more way to make the authentication process easy. When you download the TD Authenticate App to your mobile or computer and set up your credentials, the software generates a one-time password each time you log in to EasyWeb or WebBroker.
This soft token means that clients who are unable to receive a One Time Passcode through Voice or SMS can register for the service and generate their One Time Passcode online or offline by entering their credential (PIN or Biometrics). This means when we ask you how to confirm your identify, you can select text, phone, or use the TD Authenticate app to confirm it's you. Ready to set it up?
To use the One Time Passcode option:
- Download the TD Authenticate app to your personal device, phone and/or tablet through the Apple Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android).
- Enable the service by following the registration process in the TD Authenticate app, including logging into your EasyWeb/WebBroker Online Banking, successfully completing a One Time Passcode through SMS or Voice, and setting up your credentials such as a PIN or Biometrics.
Once you have downloaded the app and registered, you will be able to:
- Generate a One Time Passcode through the TD Authenticate app by using the credential you have set up as part of the registration process
- Select "Use App" when presented with a Two-Step Verification challenge through EasyWeb/WebBroker
- Use the One Time Passcode from the TD Authenticate app in the Two-Step Verification screen
WebBroker now includes a way for you to search video lessons with a new search button.
The TD logo replaces the former Home link.
Current State (includes Home link):
New State (TD logo replaces the former Home link):
Our WebBroker client education instructor Ryan Massad, shows you how to easily research and buy GICs in WebBroker :
- Login to WebBroker and click on Research in the main menu on top of the page
- Under GICs, click the Rate Sheet for a full list of GICs with details
- Select the GIC that best meets your needs, and follow the prompts to preview and buy.
- Login to WebBroker and click on Trading in the top navigation
- Under Buy/Sell, select GICs
- You will be presented with 4 GIC types to choose from . Select the option that best suits your needs. To view the full list of GICs with details, click the Rate Sheet .
Watch our GICs video to learn more.
For illustrative purposes only
For illustrative purposes only
We continue to make enhancements to our Learning Centre to improve your learning experience. Our latest updates include:
- Like a video and view most liked videos
- Video transcripts for courses and videos
- Autoplay the next video lesson in a course
Like a video and view most liked videos
You can now like a video that you watched and found helpful. Also get a thumbnail view of the videos most liked by others on the Learning Centre landing page.
To view transcripts for videos, select the transcript tab below the video player.
Autoplay the next video lesson in a course
Once you've finished watching a video in a course, the next video in the course list will start playing automatically after a 5 second countdown. You can choose to play the next video immediately, bypassing the 5 second countdown or click cancel to stop autoplay.
- Sort videos
- Track progress
- In our new Analyst Centre we show how analysts rate your securities, then rank the analysts based on their performance.
- View changes to company ratings as they happen during the day from the Analysts tab under Markets and Research.
- In the trending stocks tab, see what stocks are getting increased coverage by analysts, filtered by rating, time period, market cap, and sector. You can compare short-term analyst sentiment against overall consensus, which can uncover trading ideas.
- Learn more about the analysts that cover and rate companies. View analyst information and rankings based on the analyst's success rate, past performance, and peer rankings.
Learn more about the Analyst Centre
Note: Analyst ratings and ranking information is provided by TipRanks. In no event is The Toronto-Dominion Bank or TD Waterhouse Canada Inc. liable to you or to others for any loss, damage or injury of any type caused or contributed to in any way by such information. For example, and without limitation, neither The Toronto-Dominion Bank nor TD Waterhouse Canada Inc. will be liable if the information does not meet your needs, is delayed or is not available at any particular time or for any particular purpose or is not timely, in sequence, accurate, complete or suitable for any purpose. Neither The Toronto-Dominion Bank nor TD Waterhouse Canada Inc. endorses or recommends the purchase or sale of any security.
Our updates in WebBroker include enhancements to the Learning Centre and access to Corporate Actions notices under eServices.
- Search and filter
- Browse video courses and individual lessons
- Filter and tag content by relevant topic or skill level such as: Getting Started, Beyond the Basics, and Advanced Concepts
- Improved landing page layout with less scrolling to make it easier to identify courses and curriculum
- New content
- New courses added to our video library
Easily access notices about Corporate Actions directly in WebBroker.
From the Accounts tab in the top horizontal navigation, select Documents (eServices) in the drop-down menu, then select Corporate Actions.
New: Asset Allocation
Asset Allocation is the classification of investments inside an account.
You can now view how your investment assets are categorized in six asset classes namely Cash and cash equivalents, Canadian Fixed Income, Global Fixed Income, Canadian Equities, US Equities, and International Equities in WebBroker.
- Go to the Accounts tab in the top navigation
- In the drop-down menu under Account Details select Asset Allocation
Investments which are not the six asset classes mentioned above, will be displayed under Other. Some clients may also see Not Classified.
Read some top questions About Asset Allocation so you can easily understand how to take advantage of the feature.
Learn more about Asset Allocation in WebBroker
The example below shows how Asset Allocation appears in WebBroker:
For illustrative purpose only
New: Real-time Trade Notifications
You can now receive a real-time Trade Notification in WebBroker whenever an order is filled, partially filled or rejected across any of your accounts.
The example below shows how real-time Trade Notifications appear in WebBroker:
Introducing the Learning Centre
Easily access educational resources through the new Learning Centre in WebBroker.
Learn more about investing and trading – no matter your level of experience – through our expanding library of online content:
- Videos: Our easy-to-follow video lessons will help build your understanding of investing and TD Direct Investing platforms. View this content in the Learning Centre.
- Master Classes: These interactive, one-hour online workshops are led by investing education specialists who will take your questions live. View our schedule of upcoming Master Classes and register for topics of interest.
- Webinars: Our webinars will help you become a more informed investor – at your own pace. Join in with new topics monthly, or explore past sessions for all knowledge levels on our website.
To access the Learning Centre, log into WebBroker and click the Learn tab in the top navigation menu.
Introducing goal planning.
Set goals, track your progress and adapt your plan as you go. Available to clients within WebBroker.
Set your goal: Tell us about your goal and your timeline to achieve it.
Review your plan: See how various planning scenarios could impact your ability to reach your goal.
Monitor your plan: Watch your plan come to life and monitor your progress toward your goals.
Multiple goals: Set more than one goal with different time horizons and investor profiles.
Account types: Set your goals for the following investment accounts : cash (non-registered), margin, TFSA, RRSP, LIRA, LRSP, RESP, RDSP and QSSP.
Watch our video on Planning Your Investment Goals :
Our latest update to WebBroker allows you to view more information about your Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF) account including your scheduled recurring minimum RRIF withdrawals and also enables you to request one-time withdrawals.
Watch our video for a tour of WebBroker's RRIF Withdrawal Panel:
The tool can be found in the Accounts tab dropdown menu.
- Scheduled withdrawal details: This shows your upcoming RRIF withdrawal information such as the next withdrawal date, elected amount, frequency of payments, the destination of your payment and the percentage allocation in Canadian and US Dollars.
- Year-to-date amounts: This shows the amount you have withdrawn and the withholding tax paid for the year. It is displayed in Canadian and US Dollars.
- Annual mandatory withdrawal amount: The number displayed here is the amount that must be withdrawn from your account in the current year. The remaining amount and the yearly maximum amount (if you have a locked in RRIF) will also be displayed to help you stay on track. This is determined by Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) rules and calculated using your age (or your spouse's age) as well as the total market value of your portfolio as of Dec. 31 the previous year.
Are you looking to make an unscheduled withdrawal from your RRIF account?
Click on the Make Withdrawal button on the RRIF Withdrawal screen and follow the steps. Your withdrawal will be processed within three business days.
To find the RRIF Withdrawal screen in WebBroker:
- Click on Accounts
- Choose Holdings
- Select your RRIF account
- Click on the RRIF Withdrawal tab
Note: As per the CRA, multiple RRIF withdrawal requests within a 90-day period are grouped together for the purpose of calculating the appropriate withholding tax rate. If this applies to your withdrawal, the withholding tax shown may not be accurate, however the appropriate level of this tax will be applied automatically.
Please note that the answers to the questions are for information purposes only for the products discussed. Individual circumstances may vary. In case of discrepancy, the documentation prevails.